Aging In Community - San Francisco Bay Area Message Board › Followup to Santa Rosa potluck - site tips
This message board is read-only.
Just in case you could use them -- here?s some tips I've just learned to get best use out of this site.
1. Set your ?receive email? options in your Account (upper right), to make sure you only receive the emails you want.
2. You don?t have to post ANY information about yourself! You can add or delete info on your Account as you wish.
3. Do share if you're comfortable, if there's a particular area you're interested in or group you're part of.
4. The group email feature (left hand menu) lets you select subsets of addresses for those who've made them available. You don't have to show your email.
5. Post to the message board (left hand side) info that has some long-lasting interest (description of groups, say), you want to share with newcomers, or others on the list who don't offer their emails.
6. To use the site?s RSVP features for an event send info to me or Raines to post.
7. Your subgroup can have its own section of the site. send Raines a description of (vision, values, location, whatever) the wording and he can post it. This would be open to all members on the list.
The idea is to prevent overwork or too many bottlenecks, while letting you decide how much privacy you want.
Hope this is helpful!