Topics like Medication adherence; Fall avoidance; and more. Want to show off an Aging in Place "Maker project", or a sexy new widget idea? Or socialize an aging-related challenge you want to see solved? Join us.
1. Networking and drinks and snacks. [masked]pm)
2. How we hope to co-create products and solutions together. [masked]pm)
3. Show off your Aging in Place Maker project or tell us your new widget idea and get feedback. See below for details. (7.15- 7.45pm)
4. Unconference [masked]pm).
To show off your Maker project or sexy widget idea, you should contact us first to be sure we save a slot for you. Just send us an email with some details about what you want to talk about. If it sounds interesting we will make sure you get a slot. If you prefer to just turn up, we will try and include you but no promises.
Plan on 5 minutes "airtime" in total. Use some of it to get feedback from the audience if you like.
During networking, anyone can write a suggested topic on a post-it and add it to the list for Un-conferencing topics. The Unconference will be the chance for you and others interested to pick a topic and go discuss it and share experiences, ideas, or whatever you want.
We wanted to start with some suggested topics to get the ball rolling. Here they are.
• Medication adherence remains a big challenge among the elderly. New "tech-enabled" pill dispensers keep appearing and yet the problem is still not solved. Does the world just need the right "mousetrap", or is the problem more tricky?
• Fall prevention: There are lots of widgets that tell someone that you have fallen over. But what the world could really use is a way to prevent people from falling in the first place. What is stopping us developing that?