The Habitat for Humanity ReStore is a volunteer-driven home improvement store that accepts and resells new and gently used building materials, appliances and furniture to the general public at a fraction of their normal retail price. The first ReStore is based out of San Carlos, and all proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco to fund the construction of homes in San Francisco, Marin and the Peninsula.
- Must be 16 years or older.
- Wear comfortable clothes that you don’t mind getting a little dust, or maybe a splatter of paint on.
- Close toe shoes, like tennis shoes, that will protect your feet & toes, will work best for this project.
- If you have a safety belt, bringing it and using while working at the site will be good for your back.
- Make sure to bring your reusable water bottle, snack and lunch. They have a volunteer break room with fridge, water and microwave.
- Park on Industrial Road, across the street, or behind the power station across the street. There is a small parking lot and it is reserved for ReStore customers.
- Upon arrival, introduce yourself to a ReStore staff member or regular volunteer. You’ll get set up with waiver forms, have a ten-minute orientation, learn about the day’s projects, and then start volunteering
More about Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco