Let's Support Doggie Protective Services!
Doggie Protective Services is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, volunteer-driven, animal rescue organization. All of their animals live in a network of foster homes from Southern California to Las Vegas to Northern California. Fore more information on DPS, visit http://www.dpsrescue.org/
What will we be doing at the adoption fair?
Before adoption events start, all of the dogs get walked and set up things like signs, tables, and chairs. Puppies are carried in and will need to be cleaned up after. During adoptions, we may talk to potential adopters, walk dogs, clean up, play with puppies, make copies, etc. Once adoptions are over, everything gets loaded back into the van and we need to make sure the store is as clean as when we got there.
How can I prepare for this event?
- Please read the FAQ page for DPS Rescue
- Please read the Volunteer page for information on what we'll be doing
- All adults need bring a signed waiver form for adults
- All minors need to bring a signed waiver form for minors
- This event will be in San Jose
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes, one that you wouldn't mind getting dirty. Wear layers and be prepared to be inside or out. Bring water and snacks if you think you might get hungry.
- We will be there for the set up and leave after lunch. You are welcome to stay as long as you like. If you want to come late, please stay till the break down is complete (around 4pm). They request that all volunteers are there for either the set up or break down because that's when they need the most help.
10:15am to 10:30am - Check in
10:30am to1:00pm - Set up and assist with the adoption fair
1:00pm to 2:00pm - Group lunch at Sandwich Spot it's in the same plaza and an excellent sandwich shop! (5126 Stevens Creek Blvd, San Jose, CA 95129)
2:00pm to 4:00pm - Volunteer for the remainder of the day (optional)
Hope you can make it!