Alameda Byron Katie Inquiry Group Message Board › Do You Really Want to Know the Truth? tonight 7:30pm

Do You Really Want to Know the Truth? tonight 7:30pm

Vicki L.
user 3858687
Alameda, CA
Byron Katie Inquiry Circle meets Wednesday, June 9, 7:30pm at 1300 Grand St., Alameda. RSVP below or call Vicki at 510-407-1393 for more info.

Many people believe that although freedom was attainable thousands of years ago
by a few enlightened masters, such a state is out of the reach of anyone
living in the modern world, let alone themselves.

Through The Work of Byron Katie, you have the power to change that belief.

The Work is a way to identify and question the thoughts that cause all the suffering in the world.

Anyone with an open mind can do it. The Work consists of four questions and a turnaround, which is a way to experience the opposite of what you believe.

When we do The Work, we free ourselves from the effects of believing thoughts such as "He doesn't love me," "I'm a failure," "No one understands me," "My mother doesn't listen to me," "My children are out of control," "I'm too fat," "I need more money," "Something terrible is going to happen." For thousands of years we've been told not to judge, but we still do it all the time. Through The Work, rather than suppress these judgments, we use them as starting points for self-realization. By allowing the judging mind to live on paper, we can discover through the mirror of those around us what we haven't yet realized about ourselves, and turn our stress, frustration, and anger into a freedom that we never dreamed possible.

RSVP here: Alameda Byron Katie Inquiry Group
A former member
Post #: 2
Byron Katie Inquiry Circle meets Wednesday, June 9, 7:30pm at 1300 Grand St., Alameda. RSVP below or call Vicki at 510-407-1393 for more info.

Many people believe that although freedom was attainable thousands of years ago
by a few enlightened masters, such a state is out of the reach of anyone
living in the modern world, let alone themselves.

Through The Work of Byron Katie, you have the power to change that belief.

The Work is a way to identify and question the thoughts that cause all the suffering in the world.

Anyone with an open mind can do it. The Work consists of four questions and a turnaround, which is a way to experience the opposite of what you believe.

When we do The Work, we free ourselves from the effects of believing thoughts such as "He doesn't love me," "I'm a failure," "No one understands me," "My mother doesn't listen to me," "My children are out of control," "I'm too fat," "I need more money," "Something terrible is going to happen." For thousands of years we've been told not to judge, but we still do it all the time. Through The Work, rather than suppress these judgments, we use them as starting points for self-realization. By allowing the judging mind to live on paper, we can discover through the mirror of those around us what we haven't yet realized about ourselves, and turn our stress, frustration, and anger into a freedom that we never dreamed possible.

RSVP here: Alameda Byron Katie Inquiry Group
I have never experienced a stressful feeling that wasn’t caused by attaching to an untrue thought. Behind every uncomfortable feeling, there’s a thought that isn’t true for us. - Byron Katie.
That's a radical statement to make. I feel so identified with the thoughts that cause stress and discomfort that it's hard to imagine them not being true. Even though I can inquire into them and see that they're only a part of my "truth" which is really just a story I tell about my experience of reality and there are no words that I can use to accurately describe that experience in a absolute sense.