Please join me! My boys will be playing football around the area and I would like to get a run in while they practice. Let's run through the neighborhood of Alamo Heights, with an option to run the track around the soccer field that's well lit. For those that want to increase their mileage and take on a more challenging course, I have added a route to run through Olmos Dam. Please see below and choose a route (or run around the track):
From 3-6 miles
I would like to start this event at 6:30p. Text me if you have any questions or call [masked].
***GETS DARK ~7:20PM PLEASE BRING FLASHLIGHT OR HEADLAMP IF YOU PLAN TO RUN THE NEIGHBORHOOD PAST 7:20 or finish the run around the track...see route below***
Click here for directions.
Here's the link to the route:
5.65mi route at mapmyrun
~3mi route at mapmyrun
Or view/print 5.6mi DOC, or ~3mi DOC file
There's several people that have asked me this, so I'll go ahead and post it. To import routes to your garmin:
- Click on the route from classic.mapmyrun.com provided
- Highlight route, and click on save to Garmin/CRS
- Enter your pace goal or speed goal
- Select CRS file type
- Download CRS file and save to your computer
- Plug your Garmin into your computer.
- Open up Garmin Training Center if it didn't already open.
- Select File > Import to current user account > Courses.
- Select the file you saved on your PC.
- Now click File > Send to Device.
The course will be sent to your GPS.
- Once the course is on your GPS unit you can then run the course
by going to the Training menu and selecting courses.
- Select the course you just sent to your device and run the course!
- Your garmin will guide you on the course and alert you when you have gone off course.
This is a great feature for all new courses that you run because the garmin will assist you on the route.