addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Alamo Running Buddies - Alamo Trail Runners Message Board Meetups › Ultra Training Program...

Ultra Training Program...

Scott
user 11360264
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 5
Who is planning on running an Ultra this summer and or fall? I'm thinking about starting an Ultra training program to get one prepared for a summer or fall race. If you are interested in training or helping in training, let me know. Thanks.
Jazzy R.
user 10374715
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 20
Sounds like a great plan Scott. I'm in!
Allen D.
user 12202314
Quinlan, TX
Post #: 1
Im interested for sure and can help
greg
user 13605520
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 1
My buddy and I plan to do an ultra next january but are giving ourselves this year to slowly build up to it. If there is a groupthat will be training, fan-freakin-tastic.
Lincoln M.
user 11967898
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 3
Great Idea! I was thinking that myself. We may want to intersperse some trail running for beginners for those who want to start but are intimidated by thinking ultra.
Scott
user 11360264
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 6
OK, its been 9 days since Rocky Racoon 100 and I think I'm ready to come out of my cave. Let's get this Ultra Training Program on its feet. If you are interested, whether just participating or helping or both, please message me or respond on this post. For the rest of the month lets start running and see who's in. We will get a program to fit your race distance, level of fitness and race date! We will run most of our run with the ARB scheduled runs. We may add some longer runs on the weekend or to better fit everyone's schedule. This is not a dictatorship, so everyone's ideas are encouraged. Doug, I'll be talking to you tomorrow. See ya'll soon!!!
Scott
user 11360264
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 7
I imagine the group will take a couple of weeks to take shape. Start coming out and start running. Let me know that you are interested.
Jazzy R.
user 10374715
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 21
Hey Scott and Doug, I have a couple more weeks left to let my ITB completely heal so after that
I'm back in the saddle. I would also like to assist and guide newbies to trail running. Let me know what I can do. Maybe we can incorporate a picnic after the Ultra Clinic? I'll head it up if interested :-)
greg
user 13605520
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 2
my buddy and i are still crazy enough to want to do an ultra so we're in. only thing is we are only available on tuesday and thursdays. so if we can get a few run dates on those days, that would be great for us.
Bronwyn W.
user 12205988
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 2
I'm down to train. I don't know that I have the time to commit to much more than a 50K by the close of the year, but I do already have a half-marathon maintenence base I've been maintaining.