A former member
Post #: 1
Hey guys,

I joined the meetup group a while ago, but haven't been able to make it out to any of the runs yet. I do have a question for you all since you seem to know the best areas to run throughout the city.

I am organizing a short race (4.2 miles) with somebody that will take place in April. It's in support of the Pat Tillman Foundation, supporting military scholars and spouses. We're both relatively new to San Antonio, so I have no idea where to start looking for space to host the event.

I run the trails at O.P. Schnabel on weekends, and I know I've seen 5K races on the paved trails. However, I'm a bit turned off now after seeing the break-ins in the parking lot recently.

What is a good, central location for a race of this length? Preferably somewhere that would not require crossing traffic.

Thanks,
Richard
Doug R.
user 10055929
Group Organizer
San Antonio, TX
Post #: 28
OP Schnabel or McAlister Park would be good. The Park Police are being very supportive in working with group functions by patrolling the parking lots.

Most of the break- in's have been individuals.