If you own a Garmin 205, 305, 405, etc model (Forerunner or Edge)
you can create a Route on MapItPronto.com and send it to your GPS. Then you can follow it using your Garmin GPS...
- On the route planner page, click the Download link at the top of the page.
- Name the route/course (something short that fits well in your Garmin Screen)
- Select your desired speed to run this route/course.
- Select Garmin Training Center Course format.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Plug your Garmin into your computer.
- Open up Garmin Training Center if it didn't already open.
- Select File > Import Courses.
- Select the file you saved on your PC.
- Now click File > Send to Device.
- The course will be sent to your GPS.
- Once the course is on your GPS unit you can then run the course
by going to the Training menu and selecting courses.
- Select the course you just sent to your device and run the course!
- Your garmin will guide you on the course and alert you when you have gone off course.
This is a great feature for all new courses that you run because the Garmin will assist you on the route.
Follow similar instructions for routes created on other GPS mapping sites.
Edited by Doug Ratliff on Dec 7, 2009 11:59 PM