Alberta Photography Group Message Board Meetup Ideas › 2011 Hiking and Photography Trips

2011 Hiking and Photography Trips

A former member
Post #: 1
Anyone keen on hiking and photography trips? Keen on going to Lake O'Hara!
Imran H.
ihayat
Sherwood Park, AB
Post #: 20
Absolutely! I'm in! Who else? :-)
A former member
Sounds great! When are we thinking? I'm out for April - how about May or June?
A former member
Post #: 5
Sounds like great plan. Hopefully not the 1st weekend in May
Debbie
user 13649744
Calgary, AB
Post #: 2
Hello, I am brand new here but noted your discussion on hiking Ohara immediately. You cannot plan on attending within the next three months unless you are willing and able to walk from the bottom where the bus leaves up to the lake which is about a 3 hour trek one way. The procedure for a day trip to Ohara is to call their bus reservation number at precisely 8 am three months in advance of wanting to attend and don't quit hitting redial until you get through. We had 4 of us today on separate phones sharp at 8.am but to no avail. Everybody wants to get there and only two buses per day at 8 and 10 am.

Hope this helps.
Rick P.
user 11945641
Calgary, AB
I would certainly be interested....depending on the date and just how tough the planned hike is. i'm old and sensitive now but absolutely would be interested in a photographic learning experience.
Rick P.
user 11945641
Calgary, AB
Actually just another quick thought, does it have to be Ohara?? I have also heard it is challenging to book time on the Ohara bus (starting to fear I sound like I couldn't walk across the street) Looking out my window from the city and there is a lot of snow still up in the mountains so if we were able to time it the combination of snow and new growth in any of the alpine regions it could be potentially crazy cool.

Thoughts, any feelings/comments towards some macro/scenic photos??
A former member
I'd be interested in any photo excursions! Is this something the group does regularly?
Linda
user 12854345
Calgary, AB
I would love to do hiking and photo trip!
Diane G.
user 14096841
Calgary, AB
Post #: 3
I'm interested!
When we're you thinking of heading up to O'Hara?