Alberta Photography Group Message Board New To The Calgary Photography Group › New to the group? Introduce yourself!

New to the group? Introduce yourself!

Jasen R.
baldboy_1
Calgary, AB
Post #: 51
We've had a slew of new members join our ranks in the last few months. Welcome!

Feel free to use this space to introduce yourselves and to extend a friendly hello to any and all newcomers.
wim
wimster
Calgary, AB
Post #: 1
Just thought I'd take you up on the offer and reply. I have been interested in photography for many years. I have no desire to become professional or anything remotely similar to that. I just enjoy taking pictures for my own enjoyment. I have been studying and learning photoshop for a few years. Now presently using cs2. As far as equipment goes, each camera I buy, my wife tells me it is the last one. Oh well thats life. Damn I wish they would stop making better cameras. I now use a canon 30d. My first digital slr. Hey that took a lot of whining :) Trying to add to my kit as I can afford it. Have done some traveling and this is where I go a little crazy shooting. Have recently got into digital scrapbooking and use print on demand services such as Blurb. Am watching this group closely and I will come out when possible. From reading the members bios it seems there are many people with similar interests and I look forward to meeting a few.
regards all

wimster
Raihan K.
user 4502200
Calgary, AB
I'm a bit of a globe trotter. Was born in Dhaka, Bangladesh but since have lived in NYC, Washington DC, London, Dubai, Brussels and now in Calgary for the last 18 months. I took up photography when I was fifteen, toying with a $50 Russian SLR (not sure if anyone knows the Zenit brand). After a few years with it I gave up the hobby until the digital SLRs came out. In 2004 I got myself a D70 and since have invested in a few lenses. It's been fun. Since getting the camera I have travelled extensively in Europe with my family and that gave me some nice shooting opportunities. Much of my travel photography though has been limited by the fact that at the same time I have to manage my 5 year old who has severe hyperactivity and autism. Some of my shots are while I have him sitting on my shoulders and I am trying to balance the weight of my backpack (which contains 6 lenses). Nonetheless I sometimes try to steal some time for myself to go and take pictures. I've never taken snaps with a group and I understand it's a great way to share and learn new skills. So eagerly awaiting the first invitation. I must admit I was a bit disappointed to see nothing scheduled in either July or August. Surely quite a few people are still around .... their shutter fingers very itchy!!!
Amanda D.
user 7832633
Calgary, AB
Hello everyone,

So I'm new here as you can tell :) I am actually also new to Calgary. I have always had a passion for photography and hope that this will give me the motivation I need to get out and get a wide array of shots. I don't have an SLR yet but I hope to within the following months. Although my technical skills lack I am ready to learn :).

Take care all.
Cara
Caraphoto
Calgary, AB
Post #: 8
Hey Amanda,

Don't worry about what camera you have, there are some people in the group with big fancy cameras and others how just want to get out, take some pictures and learn but maybe can't afford the fancy ones(I cant!). THATS COOL. Come, learn, hang out, and dont be intimidated by the pro's they're great people and love to share their knowledge! I've only been here, in calgary, since feb. so I know what its like in a new city, contact me anytime for anything!

Take it easy!
Michael T.
user 7860305
Calgary, AB
Hey there,

I am an amateur photographer in Calgary of course, since December of 2007, when my wife bought me a great camera that I researched for 6 months.

Since then I take the camera everywhere and really enjoy this new passion of mine.

I have a Flickr account at http://www.flickr.com...­ take a look if you want.

I hope to get out to some of these meetings you have and meet some great photographers in Calgary.
Claudia
user 7979824
Calgary, AB
Hi! I am new here, in the photography industry and in Calgary too. I came from Romania. Just married in Canada. I love photography, but didn't focus to much on it. On my birthday my husband bought me a nice cam and did some pics, but not enough. I really want start to focus and learn more about it. I did start learn some photoshop too. Anyway, i am so glad i could find out about this group.
Adam C.
adamclark
Calgary, AB
Hey,

Just found this group, I have been interested in Photography for a while now, but never really had the money or the time to get into. Right after my wedding this year, my wife told me to go buy a camera, so i talk to a few people that I know and well I went and bought a Canon Rebel XSi.

Was looking for some places in Calgary where I might be able to learn from, and where I might be able to meet some new people.

Hopefully I can make it to some events
A former member
Hi

Recently arrived in Calgary from the UK. Lost interest in chemical photography, but was bought a digital canon a couple of years ago and haven't stopped taking pictures since.

Just looking to meet like minded people with a passion for snapping.

See you soon at one of the events.
A former member
Post #: 3
Hello everyone,

So I'm new here as you can tell :) I am actually also new to Calgary. I have always had a passion for photography and hope that this will give me the motivation I need to get out and get a wide array of shots. I don't have an SLR yet but I hope to within the following months. Although my technical skills lack I am ready to learn :).

Take care all.

I was never into photography until I got my first digital. Now I love it. Love experimenting. Like you, I don't have a fancy camera - fancier then some but still pretty basic and I love it. I don't want to lug around a bunch of lenses and equipment when I'm hiking or travelling. Just want to be able to take good snaps (as they seem to be called). My camera (as with many digitals) can be used in so many ways that I still don't understand - cause I don't understand the lingo. So I thought a group like this would be helpful for the understanding part and fun for the photo - op. I'm an old-timer in Calgary so might have a few tid-bits to share about Calgary and some great places to practice with the camera. Hope to meet up with you.