add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Alberta Photography Group Message Board New To The Calgary Photography Group › New to the group? Introduce yourself!

New to the group? Introduce yourself!

user 12618552
Calgary, AB
Post #: 2
Hi everyone :)

My name is Shane. I am in Europe until the 21st. I would be interested in joining you guys for some sort of shoot.

I -mostly- do abstract industrial and urban decay work. I work in shipping yards, auto wreckers, disused factories and yes, sometimes some not-so-nice alleys. Unfortunately, Calgary is so "hospital spotlessly clean" that it's very hard to work there.

... but anyway, I'm up for anything.

Here are two sites if you're interested.

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi all.... Daryl here...

Looking forward to meeting/exchanging/learning from the wealth of knowledge and experience that seems to reside here.

Not new to photography, but new to taking it seriously - have had my first NON-p&s camera for about a year now (Nikon D5000), and there are so many new and different bells and whistles to learn that it clogs up my mind and makes me think about putting away the camera...but I'm sure there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Up until now, I've usually taken nature, wildlife, 'scapes, but am now trying to broaden to include portrait-like photography - as well as learn the (very recent) addition of off camera flashes, reflectors and umbrellas.... now I just have to utilize them.

Hopefully those here will be open to assisting me in my technical difficulties as learning from a manual really doesn't answer questions when they arise (pick any of the 5 different manuals I try to find answers from). I still fight with my camera from time to time when the manual says one thing, and doing test shots results in no differences..... sigh. Hopefully interacting with the group (online and in person) can help alleviate some of my stress.

Looking forward to meeting real people from time to time - instead of just pretty fonts.
user 13346552
Calgary, AB
Hi, Sebastian here...

I am an amateur DSLR user and also 3D enthusiast. I am especially looking for opportunities to improve my portrait taking.

Here is my Flickr, which I don't use nearly as much as I should:­
A former member
Post #: 14
Hi everyone. I've been goofing with cameras since I was a kid. A couple of years ago I bought a Canon PowerShot G10. Earlier this year I picked up my first DSLR, a Canon 50D. I'm big on the learning; reading lots, taking photo courses, and talking to photographers. Looking forward to meeting new people and sharing learning experiences.

A former member
Hi Everyone!

My name is Anatoly. I just moved to Calgary from Ottawa. I have been shooting for a while - first with a film camera (B&W) and then with a digital one (colour). However, I mostly use automatic functions on my DSLR (except when circumstances force me to improvise). In recent years, I was mostly shooting while travelling.

I would like to take a course in digital photography, so if anyone knows a good program that does not require too much time commitment or would like to join me in searching for one, feel free to reply to this post.

Best of luck everyone and Happy New Year!