Alberta Photography Group Message Board Networking & Business › New to Calgary - Where to you print/process your photos?

New to Calgary - Where to you print/process your photos?

Lindsey
user 11280143
Calgary, AB
Post #: 2
Hello everyone, I just recently moved to the Calgary area (from Buffalo, NY, USA) and am trying to build a small photography business here. At the moment I am trying to figure out what the best printing/processing option would be for my clients photos. Can anyone give me some suggestions/recommendations? Also, I'm considering using photoreflect.com for online proofing. Is that a good choice, or do you have any other suggestions? Also, if you use photoreflect, do you use their printing labs? Thanks!
Sean
user 7494698
Calgary, AB
Post #: 15
I haven't done much printing. But I have tried Vistek and Costco. Vistek does nice prints. But they're not cheap (apprx. $18 for an 11" x 17"). Costco is cheap and of resonable quality.
A former member
Post #: 56
I'll second Costco. I've printed 8x10's and 11x14's there and they turned out pretty nice. I haven't tried any of the pro labs in the city though.
A former member
Post #: 2
I would stay away from Costco it is the same level as Wal-Mart - consumer end only. But London Drugs is a semi-pro lab, Blacks Photography is also a semi-pro lab and both are reasonably priced. The Camera Store is a bit more professional and a bit more pricey, and Western Canadian Graphics is getting closer to Professional - Vistek is professional and will cost the most.
Al Del D.
aduro
Calgary, AB
Post #: 3
I use Technicare. Their print quality is second to none and they are wholesale to photography businesses. You just won't be able to beat their prices. Great online tools also.
Lindsey
user 11280143
Calgary, AB
Post #: 3
Thanks everyone - That gives me a place to start. I really appreciate the suggestions!