Alberta Photography Group Message Board For Sale/Trade › Canon 30D / Battery Grip / Two Batteries / Canon EFS 17-85mm

Canon 30D / Battery Grip / Two Batteries / Canon EFS 17-85mm

A former member
Post #: 1
Asking $1000

This is a fabulous Prosumer kit. Bought about three years ago and treated very well.

The body was professionally cleaned (sensor and internal contacts) about two months ago. 8.2 Megapixels may seem low, but I've made 5' tall prints from shots taken with this camera.

Dual batteries in the battery grip effectively doubles your shooting time and the battery grip controls make shooting vertical shots a lot more comfortable.

The lens is great for general use. I've had it 5 years. Bought it with my 20D and then kept it when I upgraded to this body. It has stayed attached to a body almost the entire time I've had it. I have had it professionally cleaned by Canon once 3 years ago. There is a speck of dust inside the lens near the front element, however it does not show up in images. This lens alone was purchased for $900

The 1A Skylight filter has almost exclusively been on the lens to protect the front elements. The Circular polarizer filter is in great condition.

The following is included:

Canon 30D Digital SLR 8.2 Megapixel
17-85mm EF-S ƒ4.0-5.6 IS USM Lens
BG-E2 Battery Grip
BP-511A Batteries x2
Battery Charger
1GB SanDisk Extreme CompactFlash Card
67mm 1A Skylight Filter
67mm Circular Polarizer Filter
All original packaging

Throwing in 67mm Expodisc

Bought a couple years ago for $150, but only used 2-3 times. Includes Expodisc and lanyard, instruction manual and original case.

From their website:

The ExpoDisc is far easier to use than any gray card, white card or calibration target. Simply place the ExpoDisc in front of your lens and capture the incident light while setting your camera’s custom white balance. Using an ExpoDisc custom white balance will virtually eliminate the need for RAW or JPEG post-capture color adjustments.

ExpoDiscs are constructed of multiple layers of carefully selected optical grade materials which are tested on a sophisticated transmission spectrophotometer. Each ExpoDisc is individually tested to our strict tolerances of color neutrality and light transmission.