Alexandria Knitsters Message Board › Members who have joined but have never attended a meeting....

Members who have joined but have never attended a meeting.... (if this is you, read this message!!!)

Tamara
user 9490887
Group Organizer
Mc Lean, VA
Post #: 18
While we don't require attendance to our meetups, it does kind of irk me that people join and then never even check back to our page! The nerve! Don't they know that we have lots of fun events in addition to our regular weekly meetups? Silly people! So I am instituting a RULE!!!

The Rule is:

If someone joins our group, has not attended any meetings AND has not checked out our meetup page in 6 months or more.....(drum roll....) they will be removed from the group! Yes, removed!

I understand that life happens but really people....no attendance AND no checking out our page? You are MORE than welcome to REJOIN the group once you either plan on attending every once in a while OR at least check out our page occasionally.

Thoughts and comments are welcome.

-Tamara
A former member
Post #: 3
I was actually going to post a note to the group, but decided to reply here since I think the sentiment fits. Was sorry I missed seeing everyone this past Saturday. I had planned on it and rsvp'd yes, but was on a bike ride very early Sat morning and got a flat tire and had trouble fixing it. So it put me wayyy behind in schedule and I missed the meetup.

Tuesday nights I've been working late lately, so haven't seen you all in awhile at St Elmo's. Hopefully work will let up soon and I can join you again soon. in the meantime, take care and happy knitting!! smile