Location is confirmed (Joe's place), awards have been ordered and award descriptions updated. Additional showdown details (below) have also been included with the event description.Current contestants
(these may change as people join/leave)BURGERS -
Richard, Margo, Phillip Stewart, Philip SlamaPIES -
Laura, Suzanne, Philip Slama, Scraps
** There is still room to enter!
Lena, Carol, Lisa and I are bringing sidesSHOWDOWN DETAILS
- Burgers can be made of whatever you want as long as it is a burger (something ground up on some kind of bun/bread?)
- You bring your burgers already cooked/prepared, though you could reheat/sear them on site if you wanted
- You should probably assemble your burgers when you arrive
- This is not anonymous, you take turns to quickly tell the judges a bit about your burgers and your processes
- Judges rate each of the four categories by circling a number 1-5 on feedback cards
- Scores will be added up for all cards and you get to see the scorecards afterwards
- You will not know which judges gave what feedback aside from the general comments they make when you present your dishes
- Judges have very strict rules/judging criteria to follow so it should all be very objective.
- You can share what you will be making or keep it to yourself until the cook-off
- Make enough burgers to give each person attending a 'sample', maybe a third or half of one to try (if we have 30 attendees, make about 10 -12 mini burgers)
- I will be making plain, non-contest, assemble-your-own sliders for general eating (working on a new soft bun recipe ;)
- Showdown participants will NOT be making enough burgers to 'feed' us all, they will be making enough for us to sample and vote :)
- Pies can be cut into 16 slices... 2 or 3 pies per participant should be plenty.
Oh, and I'll need one or two people to help me manage the voting/judging (Control ballot distribution, count, tally scores and announce etc).
Ok guys... bring it! :D
Edited by Nefertiti on May 8, 2012 4:47 PM