Help support your MeetupChip in
You want to join this meetup if you:
1. Like to cook, bake, grill or otherwise prepare edible foods
2. You like to eat good food (even if you don't cook at all)
3. You like to socialize around good food and drink
4. You like to share the experience when you find a new awesome restaurant
Any member can post an event and we hope you will! This group thrives because members suggest events. Just use the "suggest a meetup" feature and we'll set you up as the event host.
Please read this fine print on Meetup etiquette!
1. RSVPs: For limited attendance events with reservations--for example, dinner at a restaurant--please make sure you change your rsvp or contact the host in advance if you can't make it. The host has taken the trouble to make the reservation, the restaurant has set up a table, and often there are members on a waitlist. Please don't make a habit of cancelling at the last minute, which is not respectful of the host and members on the waitlist.
2. Photo Requirement: For the safety of all members, we also require members to post a current headshot so that we can easily recognize each other at events.
3. Using the "Comments" section:
Please use the comments section to ask about the venue, details of the event, or to find people to carpool. Please DO NOT use the comments section as a chat room to discuss meetup etiquette, criticize other members, or to tell other members how they should behave. If you have a problem with a member, contact that person via private message or contact the leadership team.
The organizers of this meetup reserve the the right to remove members who don't respect these policies.
Meetup ideas (please feel free to suggest and host*)
*Non cooks may contribute drinks, ice, napkins /disposable flatware or purchased items to potluck style events
A COOK-OFF: A few members square off on a particular dish Examples: mini burgers, chilli, lasagna, finger food appetizers, desserts, sangria or maybe an ethnic dish. The remaining members cast their votes anonymously for the winner.
THEMED POTLUCK: The theme could be cultural (e.g. mexican, thai, italian, soul food) or an ingredient (e.g. Fish, ground turkey, or a particular vegetable) or a spice.
INTERNATIONAL POTLUCK CHALLENGE: Each person contributing a dish tries their hand at something outside of their own culture.
COOKIE SWAP: Each person (just the bakers) brings a tin of cookies. After the sampling, everyone leaves with an assortment! Don't forget the milk and/or wine.
GOOD OL' COOKOUT: Break out the grill... enough said :)
DINNER AT... 'CHEZ VOUS' : Whenever you feel like sharing a meal, post the meetup, prepare the meal and we'll bring the sides and the company :)
A MOVIE AND MUNCHIES: Get together to watch a movie or a TV series season with snacks/dinner provided or contributed.
A COOKING CLASS, WORKSHOP OR TOUR: Hear about an interesting food-related class or workshop or tour of a local farm, brewery, etc? Post it as an event with any details or links about how to attend.
Any other ideas? :)
Membership requirement: Come hungry.