Time for Lazy River Innertubing #2! We'll be floating down the river near Bakersfield in a slightly different spot that before. Bakersfield is a two hour drive north from Los Angeles. On our section of the river we'll be doing some lazy floating down slow moving water. The temperature will be in the 90's, which is perfect for innertubing! The water will feel amazing! We'll float for two hours, stop for lunch, and float for another two hours before getting out and getting some food together at a restaurant.
We'll be meeting in Bakersfield at 1pm. Directions will be emailed on Thursday to those who email me to confirm they'll be bringing their own equipment or who have paid ahead of time for their rentals. Spots are limited and this meetup will fill up.
You must be able to swim to participate in this meetup. No exceptions.
- Animals seen last summer include deer, coyotes, cranes, turtles, dragonflies, bats, and cows.
- Tubing Photos
- Free if you bring your own innertube, life jacket, and air pump
- $20 if you need to rent an innertube and life jacket.
- full water bottle
- bag with sack lunch, waterproof sunscreen, and water to refill your water bottle
- sunglasses WITH STRAP, hat
- sandals/shoes that won't come off e.g. Tevas, running shoes, ect
- NO BARE FEET OR FLIP FLOPS DUE TO GLASS & RUSTY NAILS
- money for dinner/gas
TUBING WITH ALCOHOL
- It's against the law to have alcohol on the river. Bad times if a ranger catches you, plus it's not a good idea to be intoxicated around something that can kill you.
I'll have a small floating cooler with ice you'll be welcome to use!
Contact me! I'll be helping organize everyone into carpools. The fewer cars the better.