|Sent on:||Wednesday, October 26, 2011 9:27 AM|
Paddle the Peace River, scheduled to occur on Friday, October 28,[masked]:00 AM has been cancelled. Please update your plans accordingly.Betty and I have been monitoring the weather forecasts for this weekend. It appears that rain is for certain and high winds a possibility depending on the track of Hurricane Rina. Therefore, we think it prudent that we cancel the Peace River paddle trip. We will check the AA schedule for early next year to see if we can reschedule and keep you posted. The current weather situation brings to mind a variation of an old adage: "Tis better to be ashore wishing you were out on the water, than to be soaked to the bone in the midst of a raging gale wishing you were ashore". Chuck & Betty
If you have further questions, you can email me through the Contact Us link on Meetup.