Recreational pickup soccer in the Alpharetta/Milton/Roswell areas - Primarily for fun and exercise - no slide tackles - and who cares about the score?! Mostly scheduled on weeknights (after work) and/or on weekends. Feel free to suggest open locations/facilities in the area as well as other dates/times.
Please RSVP if coming - it helps people figure out whether there will be enough people or not - and try to Cancel at least 30-60 minutes before the start time if you change your mind! (FYI - Lots of non-Meetup people come to Webb Bridge Park so finding more people there to come join us is usually NOT a problem)
Always try to bring a white and a dark(er) shirt to split into groups/teams. Please try NOT to bring/wear grey or yellow OR striped with white (those colors can go "either way" and can be confusing).
We play mostly at/near Webb Bridge Park: Sequence of priorities if/when a field is taken:
1. Webb Bridge Park - Upper Soccer Fields (currently under construction probably until the Fall)
2. Webb Bridge Park - Lower Turf Fields (these may be taken often)
3. Webb Bridge Park - Baseball field (Check Field 4, on your left if standing in parking lot)
4. Webb Bridge Middle School - down the street from the Park - open often but field is bumpy
5. Last Resort: Ocee Park or Ocee Elementary School off of Kimball Bridge Rd
Check the message board for the event to see where people are going when you are on your way.
It would be helpful if the "earlier arriving people" can post on the status of the fields - i.e. "ABC Field is available; I'm here" or "ABC Field is not available, going to go check XYZ" so we get everyone going to the same place. I'd appreciate any help from everyone with that.
On weeknights, most people arrive around 7pm and stay until around 8:30pm but feel free to show up anytime after 6:30pm to at least help "grab a spot" on the field.