We are excited to let you know that Eucalyptus 3.3 is now available. This new release implements important new AWS services that make Eucalyptus the ideal dev/test solution for AWS applications. In 3.3, we extended our existing AWS-compatible features (EC2, S3, EBS, and IAM) with:
- Auto Scaling – scale resources up or down based on policies
- Elastic Load Balancing – distribute traffic across multiple instances
- CloudWatch – monitor cloud resources and applications
And we also added:
- Resource Tagging – assign customizable metadata to resources
- Expanded Instance Types – to align with more instance types available in Amazon EC2
- Maintenance Mode – perform cloud maintenance with zero downtime
We invite you to understand and possibly take Eucalyptus 3.3 for a spin with our free FastStart download. Or if you are deep into source code, it’s available for you to download as well. However you decide to approach Eucalyptus 3.3, it all starts here:http://www.eucalyptus.com/get-started
In this regard, Eucalyptus will be attending and speaking at AWS Bangalore Meetup next week at Neev Technologies, Bangalore (map) covering the new AWS-compatible features in Eucalyptus 3.3 listed above. Come meet us there! This free event requires registration.This meetup includes a demo session on AWS-compatible new features such as Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), Auto Scaling (AS), CloudWatch (CW).
- Presenter: Pavan Yara, Solution Architect, Eucalyptus Systems Inc.