This is a once a year Trip + Hike event. For 2 weeks in Feb, there is a spectacular sight called the "Natural Yosemite Firefall". This is when the horse tail falls in Yosemite appears to be on fire because it catches the setting sun at just the right angle to make it look like flowing lava.
I am proposing a trip out there the weekend of 14th Feb to 16th. Hike up and catch this amazing sight on the 15th and then spend the evening getting dinner, drinks & games and return the next day. We could do some more hiking on the 16th before we drive back to the Bay area.
Here is some additional information on the falls: http://www.yosemitepark.com/horsetail-fall.aspx
I know this is an overnight trip and we all have busy lives but I think this is just too good to miss. I already know another very large group going out there for this event.
Please respond ASAP, so we can plan and organize this trip well.
Moved to 15th by popular demand :-).
Here is the schedule:
Saturday the 15th:
1) Leave Bay area in the morning to Yosemite (as early as possible)
2) Check into accommodations, hopefully before noon.
3) Get lunch and head out for a hike near horsetail falls
4) Make our way towards one of the view points around sun set (Approx 4-5pm)
5) Take in the amazing view.
6) Head back to accommodations, get some dinner, drinks and then game night.
Sunday the 16th:
1) Head out to another trail for a hike
2) Get some lunch and head back to the bay area.
I will add more details as we get more RSVPs. We will either carpool or rent vehicles for the trip depending on the number of people RSVp'ing and available vehicles.