American History Enthusiasts Message Board › Westport Library Speaker: Women in Medicine in the 19th Century

Westport Library Speaker: Women in Medicine in the 19th Century

A former member
Post #: 47
Westport Library Speakers Series
Women in Medicine in the 19th Century—Alisha Cole
September 10, 2011 at 2PM

Featured speaker, Alisha Cole will discuss “Women in Medicine in the 19th Century.” at the Westport Library, 118 Westport Road, Kansas City, Missouri.

Medicine in the 19th century was in transition. Patients were seldom treated in hospitals and a variety of remedies were used. Ms. Cole’s program will explore the changing roles of women in caring for patients and the treatments they used to advance the health of their patients.
Alisha Moore Cole is an avid presenter of living history. She has researched and made presentations on a variety of topics since the fourth grade. She is the Principal at Arcadia Consulting, a museum consulting firm. She holds a B. A. degree from Stephens College in Columbia, Missouri and an M. S. degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia.
A former member
Post #: 12
I plan on going!
A former member
Post #: 48
I wish I could get away during the day. crying let me know how it was.