Amsterdam UX Cocktail Hours Message Board › Reminder: Euro IA in Prague (September 22-24)

Reminder: Euro IA in Prague (September 22-24)

Peter B.
pboersma
Group Organizer
Amsterdam, NL
Post #: 9
Hi,

Early in July, when I was still experimenting with this Meetup and members were trickling in, I sent out a promotional message about Euro IA, a great European, UX-related conference that is cheap to attend.

Here it is again because (a) you may have missed it, (b) I care about the event, (c) I think it will be great and (d) I want you to share the experience with me:

Every year in the past 6 years, I have promoted Euro IA amongst the members of the Amsterdam UX community. I used to do that because I was co-organizing it and/or presenting but this year, even though I am not an organizer and not even presenting, I still want to encourage you to consider attending.

There are several reasons:
- Margaret "Mags" Hanley and Luke "LukeW" Wroblewski are keynoting - they are both smart AND funny, and should be entertaining keynotes
- Yes, the "IA" in Euro IA stands for Information Architecture, but look at the breath and depth of the program outside that little field: http://www.euroia.org...­ (it won't happen, but they might as well call it Euro UX)
- It's in Prague, the beer capital of Europe! The Czech have been brewing beer since 800 and exporting since 900. They know their beers. Oh, and the beer is cheap, as is flying there (EasyJet:EUR125, Czech:EUR25, KLM:EUR184) and hotel (conference hotel is EUR600 for 3 nights, but I quickly found EUR327 deal across the street, and AirBnB lists apartments from EUR41 per night).
- I am going and I like having you around :-)

So, I encourage you all to register for the conference. Check out the progam and prices at: http://www.euroia.org...­

Peter
(*) I will try to attend as much of the conference as possible, but I will have to nip out a couple of times (most notably the welcome drinks and the closing keynote) as I am also in Prague to present at WebExpo, another conference, happening at the same time, in the same city.