Slow Food Portland is hosting a tour of Red Ridge Farms, one of the few olive farms and mills in Oregon. Given the questionable quality of many imported olive oils, I'm looking forward to learning about a local olive oil source I can trust.
THE TOUR AND TASTING INCLUDES:
• Introduction to the farm, meet the Durant family.
• History of olives and olive oil
• Tour of olive grove with Paul Durant
• Olive farming 101
• View the olive pressing mill in action
• Sample different olive oil varietals and Durant Vineyard wines
• Light snacks (but attendees are encouraged to bring a picnic to enjoy after the tour)
• Please dress appropriately as most of the activities are outdoors.
Cost is $15 ($10 for Slow Food members). Reservations must be made here by October 31.