Anchorage Makers Message Board › Arduino special interest group

Arduino special interest group

Dale
daroon
Group Organizer
Anchorage, AK
It's clear to me that, within Makerspace Anchorage, we will have a variety of interests wide enough to support several special interest groups (SIGs). Browsing through the members interests it seems that one of the most common is the Arduino, and that includes myself. 3D printing, however, is currently at the top of my list and I'm hoping that two or three of the members who are interested in the Arduino would step forward and take responsibility for scheduling meetups for an Arduino-SIG, which might also include the Rasperry Pi for the time being.

I would certainly come to the meetups and try to be involved but I can't be the lead and I feel sure there are enough 'Arduinoids' in the group to make a SIG successful. One measure of our group's success will be how involved and active the members are when it comes to creating fun and interesting activities. Makerspace-Anchorage needs you and needs your enthusiasm. Please consider being a leader for this SIG or any other that you think the group is ready for.

Michael B.
user 72683252
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 2
This isn't exactly what you were looking for, but I'm happy to provide support at Twindly Bridge in the valley. I suggested the following meetup:

At Twindly Bridge Charter School in Wasilla, I open our tech lab/equipment up every Monday night from 6:00 to 7:30. Any adult is welcome to attend (sadly, students must be part of our district for insurance reasons). At any rate, we're going to build some Arduino controlled submarines this coming semester as well as create some cool clothing using Lilypads. We also have a 3D printer that's available for the interested. I'm guessing the drive will deter most, but for those of you who need a little help getting going it's a standing offer. Our next meeting will be January 14th.