Anchorage Makers Message Board › Committee minutes 18 Mar 2013
Minutes of the Anchorage Makerspace committee
Dale Rooney – Organizer, presiding
Jeff Blum – Asst. Organizer, Paul Baker – Event Organizer
Chuck Colht, Henry Lee, John Randall, Andress Tziolas, Tom Stuart (scribe)
and two others (please contact me with your names)
After acting on the decisions of the last meeting, members found several spaces suitable for makerspaces that are immediately available. These spaces would cost a minimum of $2000 per month to operate efficiently.
It was the general consensus of the committee (no vote was taken) that in order to secure one of these spaces, three conditions must be met;
(1) A legal entity must be formed to provide for the operation of the facility.
(2) A financial commitment from no less than 50 persons averaging $40 per month for no less than one year must be obtained.
(3) Organizational laws, shop rules and standard operating procedures must be adopted.
In order to address the issues the following actions will be taken;
(1) A committee meeting with John Bittner will be arranged to discuss what legal organization should be formed in order to support the Anchorage Makerspace.
(2) Jeff Blum volunteered to set up an Indie GoGo or Kickstarter campaign.
(3) Andress Tziolas and Dale Rooney volunteered to act as a subcommittee for presenting our case to possible corporate and public sponsors.
(4) Tom Stuart volunteered to begin gathering information and documentation for making rules and organizational laws.
Henry Lee advised the committee that the Cook Inlet Tribal Council has been in contact with MIT and did obtain from them a FabLab, which they will install in a space that is owned by the council. Present plans are for the FabLab is to be available to tribal council members only for at least the first year, with a general public opening possiable after that.
It was discussed that the committee has obtained permission to set up displays at both Saturday Market and TedEx. Several Ideas for such displays were discussed. Dale Rooney has a coupon for free exhibition at Saturday market. Another member (please send me your name) has a shelter we can set up in. Committee members are encouraged to begin preparations for their individual contributions to those events.
If you have any additions or corrections to these minutes or wish to clarify a point please send them to me, Tom Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org or post them in the comments below as applicable.
Thank You for your support.