I have reserved cabins along the Resurrection Pass Trail (RPT) for May 28, 29 and 30, 2014. My itinerary for ultralight backpacking follows.
· Overnight in Hope Tuesday, May 27, 2014 AD.
· Hike 14+/- miles to the East Creek Cabin on May 28, 2014 AD and overnight therein.
· Hike 15+/- miles to the Juneau Lake Cabin on May 29, 2014 AD and overnight therein.
· Hike 15 +/- miles back to East Creek Cabin on May 30, 2014 AD and overnight therein again.
· Hike 14 +/- miles back to Hope on May 31, go home and kick dog and recover.
Experienced RPT Hikers given priority during party selection!!!!!!!
Cabins occupancy is 8 max, but 4 persons is reportedly more enjoyable.
I plan to have a tarp for two should cabins not be reached for whatever reason.
If you’re up for this mission, you will need to bring all your own, food, gear, tolerance for my temperament, and bear and insect protection(s) as you see fit.
I know that one can travel one way on the RPT, but don’t anticipate that shuttling vehicles will be an options for me as a solo participant (and I am now too attractive to risk hitch hiking), so my reservations entail stopping at the East Creek Cabin going both directions. If you want to have someone rescue you at the Sterling Hwy terminus, or the Devil's Pass Trailhead, plan it that way and let me know in advance that’s your option.
Ring me [masked]) , or email with questions, comments or concerns.