maureen
user 4292948
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 163
http://www.theclymb.c...­

Is anyone seriously interested in doing this? Airfare is not included but 23 days hiking in Nepal-you only live once I say!!!!! Email me through meetup
Ron
user 6387533
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 4
Hey Maureen. I found only a gear sales site on the above connection. But, I may know of a person that can put you in touch with a local that can arrange a trip, at least that is what I was once told. I am thinking it might be a bit cheaper and custom tuned to wants and needs. I can see if this is still available?
Julie
user 5545655
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 59
The Climb requires you to be a member to get on their site...unfortunately. It appears you would save $400 on this trip. Diane and I are trying to plan a trip to Nepal if you are interested in going with us. I've got to acquire more vacation time first....so would be looking at 2014 rather than this year. I also have a friend who's father plans these trips and goes quite often. Maybe we can talk about it Sunday?
Julie
user 5545655
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 60
I downloaded the details of the trip to a PDF but it appears there isn't a way to attach it to the discussion. Maybe I'll send to Greg and he can figure it out.
Julie
user 5545655
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 61
It looks like this trip fee is for lodging and porter service only. No food included except for a farewell dinner. It states a rough cost of $20/day for food and beverage, depending on your eating habits. You also stay in small lodges, etc., which includes a mattress and blanket/quilt. But it appears a down jacket and sleeping bag are included in the trip fee. I'm not sure if this is a true trek if that makes sense? There seem to be so many types of trips, etc. so good to really research before making a decision.
maureen
user 4292948
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 164
Agree, Julie, re-research. I am just in infant stage of planning this :)
Any info is appreciated and it would be great to discuss on Sun! You too, Ron.
Julie
user 5545655
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 62
I was talking to one of the owners of our company today...he went to the same area as this trip in November 2011. It was 13 days of trekking and about double the cost of this trip. But the porters, or sherpas, carried tents, food, etc. They would have everything set-up when you arrived for the night, cooked, fed you, etc. I'll try to get more info from another friend about these trips as his father does them. He is here in Anchorage. But Diane and I are seriously talking about going.
Ron
user 6387533
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 5
Julie. Is your friend with the father, Rabin? If so I can just defer to you for all this.
Julie
user 5545655
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 63
No, remember Sky? Yak & Yeti?
Ron
user 6387533
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 6
Oh, yeah. The guy with the asbestos mouth! Alright I will try and contact my guy and get some info to chat about on Sunday.