THE ANCHORAGE ADVENTURERS
Notice: Please read our Event Suggestion Policy before suggesting an event!
We host a wide spectrum of outdoor activities. Many of our events require strong safety awareness, good personal fitness, advanced skills, and quality outdoor gear. Our core participants are older adults (age thirty and up) with a fair amount of outdoor experience. We are not geared toward beginners or those just thinking about getting fit. Our events are generally not suitable for children.
Our volunteer organizers and hosts are not guides or tour leaders. These events are like private outings with your friends, so do your own research, contribute ideas, expect the same risks, and take all necessary precautions. For your own safety, you should familiarize yourself with the local trailheads, trip routes, terrain, weather, and hazards. You are responsible for yourself!
• We have a limited capacity to absorb new members. We expect you to attend an event within 45 days of joining, so consider carefully whether this group is right for you. Inactive members may be removed.
• Your member name should include a real first name or nickname that people actually use for you. This helps our event hosts take attendance, and makes it easier for us to get to know you. Your last name is optional, but it helps if you include a last-name-initial.
• We ask that you include a recognizable photo of yourself on your member profile. This lets us put a face with a name at events, and helps in case a search effort is needed.
• For assistance with changing your name or profile photo, see Website Help.
• Always read the full description before signing up for an event. If you invite guests, verify that they have the appropriate gear, skills, and level of fitness.
• If you RSVP 'Yes', we expect you to attend. If your plans change, please switch your RSVP to 'No' in a timely manner. Be considerate: don't RSVP 'Yes' for size-limited events if you are unlikely to attend.
• This is not a dating site. If you engage in unwanted advances to our members, you will be removed.
• Firearms are expressly FORBIDDEN on any Adventurers outing. Anyone carrying a firearm at an AA event will be banned from the group.
• Helmets are required on all bicycle rides.
• Vehicle break-ins can happen at any trailhead, so take precautions.
Hint: Meetup's mobile apps have limited functionality. You may need a full-featured web browser to access these links (and to use some other Meetup features)...
• For basic trip planning info, see: Outdoor Recreation Links.
• For event suggestions, see: Event Suggestion Policy (on our Discussion Board).
• For additional help, see our supplemental Website Help page.
RISKS AND DISCLAIMERS
Outdoor recreation activities are inherently dangerous. By signing up for Meetup.com, you agree to the Meetup Terms of Service. Section 6.2 of this agreement releases the organizers and event hosts from any liability related to incidents that occur at MeetUp gatherings.
Waiver of Liability: BY JOINING AS A MEMBER OF THE ANCHORAGE ADVENTURERS MEETUP GROUP, OR JOINING IN AN EVENT, YOU ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSELF.
1,247 Wine, Beer & Other Enthusiasts
319 Science Geeks
320 Delightful Divas & 907MEN