Let's sleep in and then head to Hatcher Pass for some fun and exercise! Mother nature can decide which scenario we'll have:
A)It doesn't snow much before then so it will be safe to hike. I'd like to hike Government Peak from the trail behind the B&B. It has a mostly south exposure.
B)It snows alot so trails are groomed and we can XC ski around mine. There are trails for all levels and they're usually nicely groomed once it snows enough.
I'll update this as the day approaches and it becomes apparent which option is more appropriate. Dogs welcome either way.
According to NOAA website there is 6" of snow average in Hatcher Pass and crosscountryalaska reports that trails around mine are groomed so I think I'll ski. If everyone is not on board and we have someone willing to coordinate a hike we could do 2 groups, just chime in. In any case, I plan to meet for carpool at Carr's at 9:30, leave there by 9:40 and arrive at Hatcher's (lot below mine) around 11 to 11:15. Parking is $5. Bring lots of warm layers, water, lunch or snack. Well-behaved dogs welcome, especially large dogs willing to pull me up the hill :) Questions? Maureen[masked]three