The Anchorage Adventurers Message Board › Frostbite 5K - Feb. 26 - Do it as a Group?

Frostbite 5K - Feb. 26 - Do it as a Group?

Todd
user 12933475
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 3
The annual Frostbite 5K is coming up Feb. 26 as part of the overal Fur Rondy celebration. It is a fun race downtown in which many wear costumes. I wanted to see if there is interest in doing this as a group event. Maybe we could coordinate costumes or something. Chime in if you like the idea and could be there!
A former member
Post #: 122
nonono, you're not allowed to do this b/c it's Ski 4 Kids Day at Kincaid Park. Unless...you do the FF and promise to come over afterwards to volunteer! You'd miss out on the fun & joy of setting up & late registration but you could still ski/snowshoe the course (in your costumes) as a Good Will Cheerleader --- Go Kids!! And, help break down the course/stadium.... Yeah, that would be lovely! So, enjoy the Frostbite & then come on over for some good karma cool

--We actually do need some slingshot biathlon help, too. Ha, how's that for hijacking your post, Todd!!

http://www.anchoragen...­
Todd
user 12933475
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 5
thpoilthport! What is a slingshot biathlon? They use slingshots instead of guns? sounds cool!
A former member
Post #: 123
pretty cool, actually. They use slingshots & fire lemon drops at pizza pans. haha

Dan, who always runs it, may be out of town for work this spring--dunno yet.
maureen
user 4292948
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 52
I am always interested in costume races as opposed to serious races...don't have my Feb scedule yet but definitely interested.
Veronica
user 10472037
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 14
I love this race! One year eight of us costumed up as king crabs and won first place for costumes. I'm in!
catherine
user 5980350
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 8
I am interested in doing this one .....does anybody want to post it then? Not sure what to where for costume
A former member
Post #: 37
someone please post this!
i want to run it....it's $25 each or if we get a group of 8, it's $125 total, so only $15 each....SURELY we could get 6-8 people to run it? me and cathy so far are 2!
A former member
Post #: 27
I'm in...I enjoy these events.