The Anchorage Adventurers Message Board › Glacier View zipline on 9/8 ?

Glacier View zipline on 9/8 ?

Valinda
anniesma
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 2
I'd really like to try out the zipline that Glacier View Adventures (http://www.glaciervie...­)
has built on September 8th before they close for the season. Since I'm not a AO it's been suggested that I share my interest in doing this in hopes that some AO will be interested in posting it and helping me with choosing a short hike to do afterwards as I'm unfamiliar with that area and what lies between here and there and other details like car pooling.

I have all the information and so far have 4-6 people who want to try it. If no AO responds I'm going to plan my own trip so feel free to respond and hopefully I'll figure out how to get in touch with you (new to using discussion).

They give groups of 6 or more a 20% discount so it would be $39.20 p/person and the fun lasts for an hour (hence the desire to add some short hike afterward).
maureen
user 4292948
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 134
This is an awesome idea! I already have plans next weekend but otherwise I'd definitely go. I'd love to post it for you with the hopes that someone who was attending would be familiar with hikes in the area. Hatcher Pass is on the way. There are some easy hikes in there, plus good berry picking. I know there is probably hiking around the glacier itself but I'm not really familiar with that area. The same outfitter offers guided glacier climbs which sounds like a blast but spendy. P.S. if it snows/downpours in Denali next weekend I'm in on your zipline trip!
Valinda
anniesma
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 3
Thanks Maureen - that would be great is you would post it.

We plan to leave Anchorage about 9am on 9/8 & do the 11:30am zip line tour. Afterward I still want to add a short (2-3 mile) hike somewhere & some of the people here at work want to stop & have lunch somewhere. I have 8 or more now that want to go and I need to call & give them a headcount & pay tomorrow night or by the latest Thursday am. I tried to send you a message but I don't know if it worked as I can't see it. I'm still thinking about a meet up location for carpooling.
maureen
user 4292948
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 135
How about Carrs Muldoon for carpool?
So, you're gonna have everyone call to book and request the 11:30 zipline?
I didn't get your message, sorry.