The Anchorage Adventurers Meetup Group Message Board › Possible Summer Trips

Possible Summer Trips

Mark
user 5707924
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 33
I plan on staying local this summer and have been studying maps etc. for some possible trips.

One idea is to start at Indian and hike over Indian Pass and spend a night at Ship Lake (8 miles). Day 2 could be to the end of Ram Valley (below Triangle) about 9 miles. Day 3 would be climbing to the saddle below Triangle and dropping packs for a quick ascent and then dropping down to Symphony Tarns for the last night. (6-7 miles). Final hike would be down to South Fork and past the lakes to the trailhead. Roughly 30 miles.

Any interest?
ShaneD
user 11860963
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 12
Sure, would like to flexible on picking a weather window for me though ( drizzle in the forecast maybe, hard rain not so much ). Would also like to do the route Ron sketched out last year, Indian to ship pass, North Fork of Ship creek to Grizzly lake, then down camp creek to Eagle River and out at the nature center. Can also get to Grizzly lake via bird creek instead of Indian.
Mark
user 5707924
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 34
Thats another one I'd like to do as well. And of course, the rescue mission to Long Lake for my cup.
Mark
user 5707924
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 35
Another idea on option one wiould be an ascent of Mt Williwaw via the south ridge. A class 2 route vs the other class 3 more traditional routes
ShaneD
user 11860963
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 15
Yes, I'd like to take a crack at that class 2 route up Williwaw too - on a low wind relatively nice day of course !!

Would also like to look around the tarns and valleys to the NE of Indian pass as well, Ron was wanting to look and see if there was a 'do able' saddle over to the North Fork from the tarns, mmm, maybe need to spend a few days in that area ...
Sylvia M.
user 4057014
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 5
ooooooooo all of you that can go during the week. My eyes are welling up already. Who knows maybe I'll get laid off again.......ha,ha smile
A former member
Post #: 28
Sounds great to me Mark. When are you thinking of doing this trip? Mid to Late June?
maureen
user 4292948
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 162
don't forget me :) if you're planning something special on my days on (Sun,M,T) please let me know and I can just get time off!