The Anchorage Adventurers Meetup Group Message Board › "Is membership in this group FREE?

"Is membership in this group FREE?" I am hearing this question more and more

A former member
Post #: 8
I am more inclined to think a one time membership fee or an annual fee would be the best way to go. I have enough trouble getting online at the moment without trying to send money through paypal. Organizations such as the Chugach Gem and mineral society, and several others, have a one time lifetime membership fee or an annual fee. The ADN item that I saw was not an advertisement, only an arcticle about the group, so no cost, only publicity. But if it was an ad then of course it would cost. If there is a fee ( which I am sure will be necessary at some point in time) then there will also need to be some sort of accounting for the funds. If it is a donation then it would be up to the individual to decide if they felt comfortable without an accounting for the funds.
A former member
Post #: 3
I love the idea of a donation based way of raising funds. If you had some way for me to donate online it would be even better.
A former member
Post #: 3
Through the postings on this board I have been influenced to change my personnel list of submitting funds to this Adventure Group for the planning and organizing of my families great outtings that we totally enjoy. We would like to donate by Paypal with the hopes of seeing a total amount in account from time to time and some kind of post saying what the funds could be used for, (not a ledger as this may have Doug sitting at a computer instead of participating in the adventures he plans and organizes).

Hazel
A former member
Post #: 1,321
So, the answer to the main question is, "Yes, membership in the group is free." But Doug, there are many of us who would like to help contribute to the financial success of this group. Can we give funds to you or an AO at an event? Is there an account somewhere we can make a donation to? An address to send a check to?

Really Doug, people WANT to give you money! Help us out here.
Doug Van E.
Fruita, CO
Post #: 46
There is no formal "Fund" Heather though if you would give me $$$ at an event it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the willingness to help.