The Anchorage Adventurers Message Board › Kids hikes

Kids hikes

maureen
user 4292948
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 165
Wonder if there is any interest in kids hikes? Looked into the meetup family group but they want me to pay :(
Grandson will be here June and most of July. He's 9 and fit so would gear toward hardy kids and would try to find something interesting for them to accomplish on each hike. If you are interested, tell me what days/times are good for you. Sun,Mon,Tues are out for me. Also, looking for "special guests" who are interested in passing on their knowledge of wildlife, history, geology, botany, etc. PS, parent will attend hike with kids of course.
A former member
Post #: 144
I get my kids back July 5th and would love to play. Let's plan a day hike up Alyeska and maybe some overnights.
Veronica
user 6400973
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 27
Is it okay for me to go with my old, slow dog? I know how kids like to run in circles. My old dog is so slow, she can walk in a straight line and keep up. She also is not aggressive. I will be gone end may, beg june.
maureen
user 4292948
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 166
of course, Veronica! And Holly-great idea to do Alyeska North Face, then maybe soup in Girdwood!
Myke
mykespyke
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 33
My girls are 8&9 and hardy hikers. They're always more willing when other kids are there, so count me in.
maureen
user 4292948
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 167
great, what days /times are good for you, Myke?