The Anchorage Adventurers Meetup Group Message Board › Rendezvous Peak

Rendezvous Peak

A former member
Post #: 4
I thought I'd go for a short hike tonight. Found the Rendezvous Peak trail on Alaska Trail Search and thought it was about my pace, but I'm a little confused about what I found when I got there. I found a sign just left of the fee station that said "Hiking Trail". The trail that it pointed to had a drainage path running down the middle of it. It had plenty of shoe prints so I figured that was the right trail. But I quickly reached a point where I would have crossed a drainage path about as wide as my legs are long in order to continue. I didn't count on this, so my shoes were not waterproof enough to attempt that crossing. So that's when I turned back and found something else to do.

I'll go back again, but thought I'd ask if anybody knows this trail. The description I found online didn't say anything that would imply the trail would be this wet, so I'm wondering if there's a second trail somewhere. I realize drainage patterns can change. I also know this trail is more recommended for later in the summer. But still, can somebody confirm if this is the right trail? Is there another trail in that ski area?
Mike (Talks to R.
user 10121178
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 18
The critical thing to know about hiking to Rendezvous Peak is that the best route and trail is on the right side of the creek going toward the saddle between Rendezvous and Gordon Lyons. The trail is closed to the public during ski season (unless you are skiing) but open to the public during the summer. To access the trail you have to go (unless it happens to be open) over, under or around the red metal gate at the entrance to the ski club private parking area. And stay away from the old military buildings.
A former member
Post #: 5
I think that's the information I was missing. Thanks!