The Anchorage Adventurers Meetup Group Message Board › No shows for walleyball

No shows for walleyball

Maria
user 7187785
Anchorage, AK
To everyone who RSVP'ed "Yes" for walleyball last night and did not show up:
You need to change your RSVPs if you cannot make it - you are preventing those on the waitlist from signing up and compromising the amount of people we need to have a game.  There were five of you who were "no shows" last night.
Also, if you have a "plus one" added to your name and that person is not coming you need to adjust your status again, so the waitlisted people can be given an opportunity to show up.
Thanks,
Maria
Jo
user 4070271
Group Organizer
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 42
Maria, you also have the option of bumping the no-shows off the 'yes' to 'wait list' for next outing, so they don't prevent others from participating.
Julie
user 5545655
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 85
No shows are a huge issue with the meet-up group I organize. It is just plain rude, unfair to the event host and those on the waiting list, etc. I'm finding most groups have a 'no-show' policy and maybe the adventure group should also. Two no-shows and you get removed from the group. Not sure if the no-show issue is part of today's society or what. I just find it rude and disrespectful personally. Event organizers can go in and edit the attendance after the event, making those who didn't show up 'no-shows'. You'll get a better picture of the individuals you are dealing with later on. As for the wallyball, maybe have the limit higher to account for no-shows and if you have more than needed, rotate out I guess?
Julie
user 5545655
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 86
Another suggestion regarding the waiting list...I've started using the 'manual' option rather than "automatic". An email goes out to those on the waiting list that there is space available. Those who are able and want to show up will put themselves on the event rather than someone automatically being added to the event who may have forgotten they signed up, already has other plans, etc. Just helps decrease the number of no-shows.
Jo
user 4070271
Group Organizer
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 43
Julie, you are right about coding the no-shows. It helps the event organizer and the group as a whole to know which members are irresponsible about their commitments. And yes, we have removed members for chronic no-show, tho generally when combined with other issues.