A former member
Post #: 12
I'm going tot ry to get a hike/walk on the calender for Wednesday May5th at 6-6:30pm of next week in ER. How about the mellow Eklutna Lake trail?
Veronica
user 10472037
Anchorage, AK
Post #: 9
If people are interested in some week night, mellow hikes, I would be glad to start posting some for Thursday evenings in places like Kincaid Park, Hillside Park, hikes that spread out from the Glen Alps parking lot, etc. Wouldn't have to drive too far, and wouldn't have to take a lot of time (2-3 hours max).
A former member
Post #: 51
That would be fabulous...I am usually sooo tired after work, too...I don't think I am alone?
A former member
Post #: 13
Veronica that would be great, I'll keep my eye out for the posting
A former member
Post #: 57
How is this coming along? It's so nice this week I would love to see some mellow hikes on the calendar ASAP :)
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm up for some mellow, dog friendly events, and would add that latter in the evening - starting at 7 or latter would also work better for me.
Doug Van E.
Fruita, CO
Post #: 339
Those of you who want "mellow hikes" . . .

go look at the hike Tina posted for Tuesday, May 4.

If Tina is going to post them, you who say you want mellow hikes have got to participate. If Tina, or any organizer, posts things and no one attends they burn out and quit making the effort.

I suggest that mellow hikers unite -- support Tina's interest and efforts to post mellow hikes. This is the 2nd week that she has posted a mellow hike. I went on her hike last Thursday and had a great time.
A former member
Post #: 64
I absolutely PROMISE I can attend after Wednesday! But I can't until then! So please keep posting, Tina. I don't want them to go away :(
JuliaB
user 4179901
Denver, CO
Post #: 14
Re Mellow Hikes....

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are not good days to post these hikes as Doug has the Heart'n'Lunger on Tuesdays and the Wednesday night "formerly ice skaters, now bicyclists" meet every week. If you want to stick with the after work schedule, suggest you post them for Thursday or even Friday nights - there are never any Friday evening hikes and sometimes that's just what you need after a long week....

Hope this helps!
A former member
Post #: 14
I've canceled the hike for tonight although I'll still be there, and have scheduled one for this 5/6/10 Thursday evening in the same place, same time. Hope this works for everyone, I plan on getting one for the same night next week north of anchorage, in the ER area. Anyone have an trail they'll like to try? Tina