add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Ancient Wisdom-Modern Awakening Message Board › Reality with illusions and Binaural Beats

Reality with illusions and Binaural Beats

user 13344966
Columbia, SC
Post #: 4
This is a reply to diane's question that was posted on my page..
Since there was not an easy way to answer this in few words , keeping in mind the character limit on a greetings posting.. I am posting here as an discussion.

I am glad you have found the feedback interesting. I see some good questions in your comment.

Yes, Sometimes we feel everything is an illusion of our senses, but actually they are just registering in our senses in another shape or form..
But reality exists and its as real as having their own special vibrations, existence and they are an entity. So yes actually illusion is just another way that we register these elements using our senses.

Science at times over simplify reality and facts as just an unreal and imaginary feelings .. Which is not always correct way to look at it.
For example the colors we see are actually just different light wavelength.. But we see them as colors. Although the color concept in this case is not an "reality based element" but they do exists as an
unique wavelength of light (an entity)..

And to make this more complex and complicated interpretation.. we use Associative memories (to relate things with other things we know about)..
Which can confuse us when it comes to knowing and/or sensing new things that we have never experienced before.. Most people are only looking from inside of our frame of knowledge.
Hence sometimes people tend to change the way they think to understand and sense new things.. In other words "believing will make you see.." but not to the point that we imagine more than what we actually see and/or sense. So the mantra here is "Keep an Open Mind", because frame of knowledge that we have at this point in time does not have the ability to grasp everything. But we need to seek the ultimate truth not just the illusions of our senses.. For that we need to develop a higher and sharper mind.. Yogic works and such helps in that. So you get the point..

Coming back to the main question..
Binaural beats method is a shortcut to create the similar feeling that your brain would during meditation since it uses the same frequency.
Training and developing your brain takes time. Especially because signals affect different people differently and they are unique to each person.
Just like the art of breathing.. If you know and train how to use it and understand its deeper workings then it can be very beneficial, but for an untrained person this may not be of much use.

In short music of varying types encourages varying brain states for various types of peoples. This is why people listen to music. Binaural beats are simply another tool.
There is a strong relationship between brainwave frequencies and mood , state of mind.

Yogic asanas , breathing, Raja yoga and other yogic works are traditionally meant to prepare the body and mind for meditation.
So a person would find more benefits doing the traditional way since its not a shortcut to just "meditation" , it actually covers more than just that and creates a harmony of all elements
that creates our existence , relationships, feelings and ofcourse out reality.

Because the goal is not just mediation. Goal is actually the realization and awareness of the superconscious state and mediation helps in that path.
Scott R.
Cayce, SC
Post #: 23
I think you have said it better than I could. Or maybe, I am reading it better than you wrote! Either way, bravo.
When you said, "creates a harmony of all elements that creates our existence, relationships, feelings and of course our reality" That is such a wonderful way of expressing the reason I wanted to run the retreat center where I used to live. We taught Raja-Kriya Yoga (well, my former wife had the blessing to teach it), and tried to embody the principles in our daily life. They really do work!

Music definitely alters mood and state of awareness. I have found some really powerful stuff lately. But I like how you say that "In other words "believing will make you see.." but not to the point that we imagine more than what we actually see and/or sense" I am still trying to wrap my mind around that. I agree, but it is like agreeing with something I cannot say! I would say: we can project our understanding, but are limited to what we have yet experienced. Is that what you mean?
user 13344966
Columbia, SC
Post #: 5
That is really nice that you had wanted to have a retreat center and you understand the benefits of Raja Yoga.

I used to love the traditional Sivananda Ashrams in India where I used to do my yogic practices for a break and then run away in the mountains to experience it..
Its one of life most beautiful and memorable moments when your realizing what you have learned.. And unlearning what already had..
Since I am of the nature that “take what works for you and leave the rest”. And as we grow in our practices we become capable of taking more and more.

I am happy that you are able to get the essence of what I say.. Since that’s all I am trying to express.
After all no matter how much we learn from the pages of wisdom books, the goal is not to memorize the verses and lines, its to absorb the essence of it and apply it to our life and see what applies to our spiritual state and purpose..

Some of the experiences of others may or may not makes sense to us depending on our state and circumstances.
So we can't expect to understand all of it right now..
But people who have grown by experience.. Can relate and understand deeper when they see or hear it.

And yes regarding the "..Not to the point that we imagine more than what we actually see.."..
You followed me correctly. In words of Satchidananda --
“Every thought, feeling, perception, or memory you may have causes a modification, or ripple, in the mind. It distorts and colors the mental mirror.
If you can restrain the mind from forming into modifications, there will be no distortion, and you will experience your true Self”.
Scott R.
Cayce, SC
Post #: 24
Oh, God.

I have been a mirror. But I got so good at it that sometimes people hate me.
I broke through in to Rapture, and became a lens. Still working on that, but the light can burn me if I am not careful.
Became a Prism, so that I am still transparent, but I can "hide in plain sight" and not be misunderstood or attacked any more. People still see in to me, some, and still see themselves mirrored in me, some, and I can rotate and change and disappear. People see a chunk of glass, not a diamond.
Keep polishing.

I love the story of Swami Radha studying with Guru Shivananda. You can find her book: "Radha - Diary of a Woman's Search". So Beautiful... "More light! More Light!" (Goethe's dying words.) "You are the butterfly and you are gone."
user 13344966
Columbia, SC
Post #: 8
Thanks for the quotes..
We all are butterflies as a mirror , a Prism ..
And then we are gone..