Hello One & All,
Autumnal Equinox Celebration When: Saturday, September 21, 2013 4:00 to 7:00 PM
Location: Pomps Pond, Abbot Road, Andover
Contact Person for questions: [masked]
Please join the Shawsheen River Watershed Association for the Third Annual Autumnal Equinox Celebration.
Free and open to the general public.
1. Short Program on astronomy, history, and culture of the equinox.
2. Live music provided by JOE'S GARAGE.
3. Boating on Pomps Pond. Boats and gear will be available first-come, first-served. People can also bring their own boats.
4. Campfire for ambiance and for cooking S'Mores and toasting marshmallows. Folks should bring their own food. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult while at the cooking fire. We will be repeating the "hazelnut relationship predictor" tradition.
5. Playground equipment.
Note: The public beach is closed. There will be NO swimming at this event.
What to bring:
1. Beach chairs
2. Refreshments (note: no alcoholic beverages allowed)
3. Boats and gear to paddle on the pond.