"Animal ACTion Network" Message Board Pet Chat - the place to help Fur Babies › Stacks: Dog Needs Help!

Stacks: Dog Needs Help!

Greg G.
user 98476572
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
A dog my neighbor owns is in trouble, and I'd like to appeal to the group to see if anyone can help him. His name is Stacks, and he's a pit-bull type breed. Stacks is a 70-80 lb full-grown adult, thick and squat. He's gray and white in color, with cropped ears. I estimate him to be around 3-4 years old. He's a loving, affectionate fellow, and I've never seen him exhibit aggression of any kind--I routinely pet him through the fence, and all he does is lick my hands and push his chest and belly to me for a good rub! I've seen small children in the yard from time to time, and Stacks never attempted to harm them in any way. He could use some training, as he gets exuberant when it comes to jumping on people when they visit him, and doesn't realize how big and strong he is. Stacks lives alone in his yard, so I can't comment on whether he will get along with cats, but I do know he has never showed any sign of aggression through the fence toward our 2 chihuahuas--he just seems eager for companionship and play.

As I'm sure many in the group are aware, Aurora has a restrictive ordinance against dogs it deems "dangerous." My neighbor and I both live in the city in the Tower Road/E. Colfax area. Stacks got loose from his yard recently, and someone found and turned him in to Aurora Animal Control (I don't want to go into details on a public forum, but Stacks had good reason to want to escape from the yard). My neighbor is going to get him back from AAC, and now wants to sell him. He's got 45 days to find a new home for Stacks; if he can't do this, AAC will confiscate him--and I'm sure you know happens from there.

I want to help Stacks survive. It's not his fault he's in this situation. At present I don't have a photo to provide, but should be able to take one of him in the next few hours. His owner has stated he wants to start at $700, but I imagine he'll be willing to go down a lot to save his dog. I don't know the particulars of the Aurora ordinance, but speculate AAC would confirm Stacks' new owner lives in a place that allows this type of dog.

If there's any way anyone in the group can help save Stacks, please feel free to email me directly at gork830@yahoo.com. Please contact anyone you know who might be able to give him a good home. If you contact me, I'll be happy to provide further details about his story, and photographs when available.
Ann S.
vegann
Morrison, CO
Post #: 648
Hi Greg, thank you for posting this. I'll send this out as an email so more people will see it.
Greg G.
user 98476572
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
Thanks, Ann. I do appreciate it.
Ann S.
vegann
Morrison, CO
Post #: 649
Thank YOU, Greg! No one has contacted you asking about him yet? I sent it to 2 other lists I'm on and asked folks to cross post. Such a sad case. Please keep us posted. Thank you again!
Greg G.
user 98476572
Denver, CO
Post #: 3
So far, no responses at the email address I gave. None in my Inbox or Spam. My niece is interested though; maybe that will work out.
Ann S.
vegann
Morrison, CO
Post #: 650
I sure hope so! Fingers crossed!!
Greg G.
user 98476572
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
Stacks owner has informed me that he found a home for him in Colorado Springs. Hopefully it is a good one. I want to thank everyone in the group who stepped in to do what they could to help.
Ann S.
vegann
Morrison, CO
Post #: 660
Thank you for the update and for looking out for Stacks, Greg! smile