addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Anime Memphis Message Board › Anime 101

Anime 101

Devitt U.
EvilOtaku
Group Organizer
Memphis, TN
Post #: 19
I had an idea about getting everyone involved and learning new things.

I was thinking that everyone could pick(or be assigned) a subject or trope and we all take turns doing a small 10-15 min panel at the start of each meeting. These could be themed to the viewing of the night. I'm hoping we can get them good enough to put them up on YouTube(kinda like Know Your Meme).

Let me know what you guys think.

--Devitt
nick m
user 40350732
Cordova, TN
Post #: 2
I don't think its a bad idea. Just need to think about it some more and discuses how we would want to do this.
James S.
user 68043522
Cordova, TN
Post #: 3
We had defenitely been toying with that idea and I think it remains a good one. So do we want to start thinking about the first set viewing with the theme of just anime as a general thing since we're doing classics to start with?
Devitt U.
EvilOtaku
Group Organizer
Memphis, TN
Post #: 20
Yea, there won't be a theme for the first viewing. I see it as just getting a handle on what level otaku everyone is currently at.
James S.
user 68043522
Cordova, TN
Post #: 4
Alrighty. Sounds good. My current level has a +9 against Shonen characters just FYI....unfortunately that makes me susceptible to attacks by Shojo fangirls....oh well...could be worse. :P
Jessica
user 72290792
Cordova, TN
Post #: 1
@ james I can make up for the fan girls, But i love the idea and for the first night we could just do something like a quick Q&A seeing what people know about the history of Anime and things like it if you really want to make it interesting later on we can make little grab bags of random little prizes for those who get something right, and im refering to keychains pencils small things that Animax sells.