Ann Arbor (Mostly) Acoustic Jam Message Board › Ralph, Bill & Jerry propose a song book

Ralph, Bill & Jerry propose a song book

JERRY
user 8062721
Ypsilanti, MI
Post #: 52
Hi Guys, we have been kicking around the idea of creating a Mostly Acoustic Song Book, so this Sunday bring or U/L a song or two that you'd like us to play & we can have a group of songs to work on as a group? Even if you don't have a song sheet, tell us the name of the song & we'll try to find it.
JERRY
user 8062721
Ypsilanti, MI
Post #: 54
So, what's the deal? As we play outdoors song sheets are more important, please Up some songs.
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks Jerry for your Songs posted on 08/19. I take it these are for tomorrow night's meeting. Also, I have added them to my music book as they may be your potentials for the Group's reference Song Book.

Prashant­, I haven't seen the songs you mentioned for tomorrow's meeting. Once you post the group can print out.

This question is for anyone to answer. About tomorrow night, does anyone have answer to question if we are outside or inside a buidling for Sunday Night?

JERRY
user 8062721
Ypsilanti, MI
Post #: 56
Hello gang, anyone looking at the files to bring to the meeting?
Jan J.
user 70296532
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 13
I really like the idea of a song book. Songs that could become a kind of core playlist. Dave and I will not be able to make Sunday night this week, but I would like to suggest Wagon Wheel and Roadhouse Blues for the song book.
cheryl
user 106516502
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 1
I would like to add "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right" - Bob Dylan. I don't read chord charts well and don't know if there are some arrangements that are more accurate than others. If anyone else would like to upload the music, that would be great. You may also post a link for me and I will print up sheets and bring them to the next meetup.
Mike A.
user 163277812
Ann Arbor, MI
Cheryl, re "Don't Think Twice," here's a version in Bob Dylan's original key of 'E':

http://www.chordie.co...­

At the right on the Web page is a spot where you can transpose to other keys: I knocked this one up from 'C' but you can choose whichever key works best for you.
cheryl
user 106516502
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 3
Great, this is helpful. Is the key of E relatively easy for most guitar players to navigate?
Thanks.
Peg C.
user 65490322
Northville, MI
I think a song book is a terrific idea. I've only been coming a couple of months and have a big stack of songs. While organizing them thought I'd like to play some again.