Ann Arbor Board Game Group Message Board › GENCON VERY short recap

GENCON VERY short recap

Jack
user 9352173
Ypsilanti, MI
Post #: 17
Well as always GENCON was awesome.

We passed last years four day attendance record on FRIDAY! It was a mad house.

GAME Highlights:

Legend of Drizzt. As with the other two games it was a blast. I got to be Drizzt and killed the baddie at the end. We didn't win the challenge but it was fun. Too bad its not out yet or I would have bought it.

Space Hulk Death Angel (card game) This game started a bit slow but ended up freaking awesome. We kicked ass. I bought a copy at the auction for $18 then got the two explansions at the FF booth.

Announcement Highlights:

Fantasy Flight Live Report. They announced the release of REX which will be an EXACT copy of the old Avalon Hill game DUNE. Yes, their live press release said that. All they did was slap the Twilight Imperium theme on the Avalon Hill game. I can't want to get this. No more trying to catch it on Ebay for under $200.

The BIG BIG news was a couple days before the con when they (FF) announced the deal with Lucas Arts. They had 2 or 3 tables of the new minis game X-Wing set up at GENCON. The minis look badass. It's going to be very similar to Wings of War, which I love to play. I will be getting this when it comes out in the first quarter of next year.

BIG ASS DISAPPOINTMENT:

Battlestar Galactica: Exodus Expansion. Wow, everyone has talked for two years about how awesome BSG is so I just knew when I finally got to play it I would be blown away. Ummm... not. What a boring ass turd. Like Pandemic you sit around being told what to do by the two most experienced players. I sat there for fours hours being told what to do. Hell Chutes and Ladders is more fun and takes less time. Due to some crap they did on purpose to extend the game we still had an estimated two hours to go when I finally cried "ENOUGH".

I went over my purchase budget by about double, but that's ok.