Ann Arbor Classics Book Group Message Board › Voting for 2013 books will begin in September 2012

Voting for 2013 books will begin in September 2012

Rebecca
user 9765694
Group Organizer
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 27
The 2013 books, monthly Jan-Nov, will be voted on using the "Polls" area of this website.

Please post here or tell me in person at the August and/or September meetups up to 3 books each you would like to nominate. I will use some randomizations of the suggestions, as well as sorting by book length, to make up Jan and Feb voting polls of about 5 books each to be posted within a week after the Sept group. October we'll vote for March and April's selections. We'll wait til January to continue voting, since the holiday season is busy for everyone.

My ideas: The Brothers Karamazov and "them".
Elena
user 16917831
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 3
Hi Rebecca!

Are we limited to the books from the "100 best books via Norwegian Book Clubs" list? Or can we nominate other books (as long as they fall under "classics")?

Thanks!
Elena
Rebecca
user 9765694
Group Organizer
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 28
We'd prefer they are actually from any edition of the "1001 Books you much read before you die" by Boxall. The excel file (under More->Files) is from an older edition than the current one available. The 100 Norwegian books just seemed to be a good overlap and an interesting link.
Elena
user 16917831
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 4
OK, thanks!
A former member
Post #: 1
Here is a link to the list on listology: http://www.listology....­

We'd prefer they are actually from any edition of the "1001 Books you much read before you die" by Boxall. The excel file (under More->Files) is from an older edition than the current one available. The 100 Norwegian books just seemed to be a good overlap and an interesting link.

A former member
The three books I'd like to nominate are:
The Three Musketeers
The Island of Doctor Moreau
War and Peace
Rebecca
user 9765694
Group Organizer
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 29
Thanks for the suggestions. Now that's 2 people who I've heard from. Hope to hear from more before Sept.
A former member
Hello - I'm new to the group and wasn't sure I should give book recommendations just yet, but just in case, here are my suggestions:

The Red Queen, by Margaret Drabble
Orlando, by Virginia Woolf

Looking forward to meeting you in September.

Vanessa
Javier
user 13274376
Dallas, TX
Post #: 3
I suggest:

Under the volcano, by Malcolm Lowry

Fortunata and Jacinta, by Benito Pérez Galdós

and

Steppenwolf, by Herman Hesse

Thanks!

Javier
A former member
Hi,

I am new to the group, but my ideas are:

The Island of Dr. Moreau (H.G. Wells)
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (Douglas Adams)
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day (Winifred Watson)

Thanks,
Jessica