A friendly and informative discussion about the film and digital mediums of photography.
Every photographer has a preferred way in which they approach photography and everything from analog to digital, darkroom to lightroom, sunlight to strobe light can play a major role in the creative process. As photographers, we can get so immersed in what we prefer that we sometimes shut out all other creative possibilities from our minds. We believe that there are many ways for you to achieve your full creative potential and in doing so it is important to keep an open mind about all possibilities.
Digital photography has come a long way and has almost entirely captured the photography market, utilizing software in post processing it provides unlimited options for everyone. Film has a long legacy and is making a come back in creative circles and among fine artists. In addition, there are hybrid processes which adopt best of the film and digital worlds.
- What process do you currently use to make photographs?
- What photographic processes (both film and digital) are available now
- The pros and cons of film and digital
- How the medium you choose can change, improve, and evolve your creative process
- Resources for inspiration and education
- What new process or processes would you like to use?
Join us in a friendly and informative discussion about the film and digital mediums of photography. We hope this discussion motivates you to discover new creative avenues in your photographic process!
- The Film Alliance