Deciding to photograph a performance artist is a “no brainer” - right? I mean, they come equipped with an arsenal of interesting props, wardrobe, and apparatuses (i.e., trapeze, silks, lyras, stilts, fire hoops!), and they are always willing to show off their talents! The truth is, producing a truly spectacular image with a performer isn’t easy and requires hours of pre-planning and the use of creative lighting and post production techniques. So the question is, are you up for the challenge?
During this full-day workshop Cheryl and Joshua will teach you how to use advanced creative lighting techniques, photograph fire, and successfully plan and produce a photoshoot with a performance artist. After lunch you and your team will have three hours to photograph the performance artists with the guidance of our professional staff.
To see the instructors gallery please visit: http://uacreativephoto.com/creative-lighting-workshop
In this workshop you will learn how to:
• Control light with modifiers
• Use advanced creative lighting techniques
• Photograph fire for outstanding results
• Prepare the performer and yourself for the session
• Choose a location based on size and safety
• Find and approach local performers
• Understanding their trade for better results
• Direct performer for the best lighting and angles
• Work safely with specialty acts like aerial and fire
• Set yourself up for best post-processing results
This experience is limited to 20 photographers. RSVPing on this event page does not guarantee your attendance in this workshop. To reserve your spot REGISTER HERE
Cost: $150 *Lunch is included*
Bring: Camera, Tripod, pencil/paper, cable release or remote timer if you have one
Let us know if you have any questions!
-The Photo Studio Group Family
*Certificates, credits, and studio membership perks not valid for this event as it is sponsored, not hosted by Photo Studio Group*