addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Ann Arbor Shutterbugs (Photography) Message Board New Meetup Ideas! › Leadership opportunities!

Leadership opportunities!

Ua C.
uacreativephoto
Columbus, OH
Hello Shutterbug!
The Ann Arbor Shutterbugs is a photography group motivated by the enthusiasm of our members. This encourages limitless possibilities because the group does not operate through the efforts of just one person. In photography there are many avenues to explore and it is impossible for one person to create events based on the interests of 900 unique photographers. Fortunately for us, we have a wonderful group filled with people who truly value the community we have created and are willing to share their passion for photography.
I would like to take this opportunity to invite you to help us organize events based around your photography interests. Members of the Ann Arbor Shutterbugs can suggest and host events. A “suggested event” can start as an idea and through the support of our leadership team it can become an actual event. If you are interested in helping us create and host events please click “Schedule a new meetup” at the top of our homepage (right below ***Click-Click***Welcome!) to submit your suggested event. After you suggest the event one of the members of the leadership team will contact you about putting the event together. When you showcase your commitment to help build our photography community through hosting events it can result in a promotion to an Event Organizer which gives them the capability to organize events independently.
I hope that this information helps you better understand the opportunities available within the Shutterbug community. We are excited to see the events you create!
Sincerely,
Joshua Chamberlain
Phyll
Pepstar
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 39
Wonderful idea, Josh. For openers, since I love animals and nature, may I suggest a trip to the Toledo Zoo or Howell Nature Center? Both are within an hour's drive and offer lots of neat photo-ops to take pics of animals up-close-and-personal. Anyone interested?
Ua C.
uacreativephoto
Columbus, OH
Post #: 22
Thanks!

Unfortunately this discussion forum is frequented very often so if you are interested in getting feedback about interest in those events it would be best to suggest it as a meetup. Let me know if you need help with navigating the site.

Joshua
Phyll
Pepstar
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 40
Yes, I'd like to list it as a meet-up within our photo group. Need help navigating the site, I guess. Or can you just list it for me? Thanks!
Ua C.
uacreativephoto
Columbus, OH
Post #: 23
There is a link on the home page of the site that says "Schedule a new meetup." If you click on it and fill in the content it will come up on the site as a suggested event that the other members can see and express interest in. Let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

Kiran B.
user 8623632
Group Organizer
Dexter, MI
Post #: 3
Bring up this discussion. We'd like for everyone to participate! Please pitch in your ideas for meetups!