align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Ann Arbor Shutterbugs (Photography) Message Board New Meetup Ideas! › Sunflower Fields

Sunflower Fields

A former member
Post #: 1
I'm new to the Ann Arbor area. Does anyone know where there are local sunflower fields that I can photograph? I heard there was one on Michigan Ave outside of Saline, but when I looked, it had been planted over. I know there is one at Domino Farms, I can see it from the highway, but there is no actual way to get there. Any ideas/suggestions would be great!
Patrick H.
phurley
Canton, MI
Post #: 26
If you get off of US-23 at Plymouth Rd and go East (away from Ann Arbor) to Earhart Rd North (Left) you can get to Domino Farms -- there is lots of parking (it is an office complex with a petting zoo :-).

I will try and find some space on my calendar to set up a sunflower and wild flower meetup.
Barb O.
user 77992812
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 1
There are large sunflower fields on Oak Grove off 59 between Brighton & Howell.
Jim B.
Advnterrr
Plymouth, MI
Post #: 15
Keira,
As Patrick suggested, there is a small patch at Plymouth Rd & Earhart (Domino Farms). You could park across Plymouth Rd at the U-M Health Systems. Or as i did once, right on the shoulder of Earhart about 50 yards from the traffic signal.

Welcome to Michigan. My new daughter-in-law just moved here from Baltimore. Rosewood?